Blogging without an online presence is nothing. You need to learn some basic on-page SEO practices before your blog can rank well on search engine results.
A blog needs to be listed by search engines for you to have targeted or organic visitors.
When your blog ranks for a keyword, you should be getting a decent amount of traffic monthly. To achieve these, you must do some search engine optimization tricks. This involves on-page SEO and off-page SEO techniques.
SEO means Search Engine Optimization, so I will be using the abbreviated form in this article.
As I have mentioned earlier, there are 2 types of SEO you can practice, On-Page SEO and Off-Page SEO.
OnPage SEO means the structuring of blog pages for easy access for users and search engine robots to crawl them.
When this optimization is poor, your blog rankings will be very low, it will be difficult to gain visitors and that’s a total go down for the blog.
To avoid these things, structuring your blog pages and contents has been made easy.
I will share with you the important tips to implement on your blog to aid easy access and search engine ranking increase.
Here we go;
6 Best On-Page SEO Practices
- Create an enticing title: Don’t just pick a title for your content, make it mind capturing, something people will be eager to know what it’s about. Title relevancy plays a great role in SEO, this is what will be displayed to the searchers.
Know how best to modify your content title and also make sure to include your main keyword in it.
2. Make a good metal description: Although this tends not to play much of a ranking factor it’s necessary to add this, it must also include your keywords. This is the short description displayed below search engine results. Make it simple and unique.
3. Image Optimization: Well, this is easy to do. We are dealing with the alt tag/name, this is also crawled by search engine robots. With this in place, images get to be displayed in the image section. This alt tag must include your keywords too. Make it as short as 25 chars.
4. The permalinks: This is also a very unique aspect of optimizing your blog page, it’s the structure of the Page’s URL. Make it user-friendly and it should also contain your keyword. Eg. https://cyberconnect.com.ng/ways-to-make-money-from-your-blog/.
5. The Meta Tags: This is the tag you insert when creating a blog post, they are of great help to search engines to know what’s on your site. Modify this with keywords too.
6. Interlinking of pages: The main aspect, you must link your pages into one another, this helps in sticking new visitors to your blog and also for search engines to crawl your pages often.
Link your posts into one another and also link to external sites too. This makes search engines think you are giving your readers a wider knowledge about that topic.
With all these useful steps, on-page SEO issue is resolved and ranking will be easy.
Recommended for you: